There are many benefits to installing aluminum panels on your roof. One of the main benefits is that they are lightweight and easy to transport, which makes them an excellent choice for remote locations.
They also offer a long lifespan and will resist the elements better than other materials such as steel or fiberglass.
In this blog post, we go into detail about these benefits and how you can install them yourself!
What are Aluminum Pan Roof Panels?
Aluminum pan roof panels are metal roofing shingles made of aluminum. Pan roofs are a type of standing seam metal roof. Made from aluminum, they come in a variety of styles and colors to suit any home exterior.
Aluminum roof panels are becoming more common. The use of panels on roofs instead of traditional roofing material has a lot of benefits.
Pan roofs have many benefits over traditional shingles or other types of metal roofs, including their low cost during installation as well as the lack of need for re-coating, which makes them very low maintenance.
They are also very resistant to tearing, making them great for hurricane regions.
What are Aluminum Pan Roofs?
Aluminum pan roofs come in two varieties: fully adhered and mechanically fastened.
The panels are constructed of corrugated aluminum with a factory-applied elastomeric or rubberized asphaltic coating for protection against the elements.
Because they do not require nails or any other fasteners, aluminum pan roofs come with a labor-savings guarantee.
If the roofer falls behind schedule, it is at no cost to you. Aluminum pan roofs also come with a long warranty and are known for their durability and quality craftsmanship.
Furthermore, aluminum pan roofs can be installed almost anywhere and on most types of buildings. They work best on new construction or non-wooden existing homes.
Metal roofs also make the perfect choice for historic restoration.
Installing the Aluminum Pan Roof
The right tools are needed to do this properly. One of the most important things about installing a pan roof is that it must be flat and level.
If you can’t find a way to do this properly, then the whole process will probably fail.
If you are looking for an affordable alternative to the conventional roof, then this is one of the best options.
Aluminum pan roofs can be found at most local home improvement stores and they come in different colors and styles so you will be able to find one that will fit your house perfectly.
Before getting started with the installation process, you will need to ensure you have all the tools needed for the job. In most cases, a basic tool set will be enough to get started with this project.
You will need a tape measure, sawsall, level and hammer.
You must also make sure your roof is flat and there aren’t any missing shingles or broken tiles along with any other damage.
Before starting, you should clean the roof thoroughly so you don’t have to worry about any dirt getting in your way while working on it.
Installing the Pan Roof
1. First, mark the hole where each of the screws will go with a pencil. After that, use the sawsall to cut into the roof.
You should line the blade up with the pencil mark you made earlier and cut all the way through it.
2. Once you’ve cut through one piece, you can move down to do the next one. Once finished, apply caulking around each of the holes so water won’t get in there.
After that, slide in each of the screws and make sure to secure them down with a screwdriver.
3. When it’s finished, you can apply caulk around these holes as well to ensure no water gets in there.
It is important that you do not use nails because they will go through the roof and this could cause damage that can lead to leaks going into the house.
4. You also need to make sure that each piece of shingle is level with each other. If you don’t keep everything lined up properly, this could cause the roof to fail and eventually lead to leaks in your house.
Watch out for any loose shingles as these will need to be nailed down properly or replaced.
Aluminum Flat Pan Roof Panels
Aluminum Flat Pan Roofs include panels composed of aluminum and other materials that are specially designed for flat roofing. Aluminum has a high thermal conductivity and is corrosion resistant, lightweight and durable.
Aluminum Flat Pan Roofs are generally flat, prefabricated metal sheets used as roofs or walls on industrial buildings and homes. It consists of a corrosion resistant metal panel that can be formed into any size or shape.
Aluminum Flat Pan Roofs are designed with three layers: an outer or upper protective finish layer, a corrosion-resistant steel substrate and an inner watertight membrane to prevent leakage.
Aluminum Flat Pan Roofs can be made with different types of finishes such as paint, pre-painted galvanized steel, aluminum, stainless steel and in some cases primed and painted in white or other colors.
These panels are used as a roof on a wide range of buildings including homes, schools and commercial facilities.
- Low Maintenance – One reason so many people choose Aluminum Flat Pan Roofs is because they are very low maintenance, requiring little or no painting and the finish will not fade.
- Long Life Span – Aluminum Flat Pan Roofs can be found on both new construction and replacement flat roofs since it offers architects and contractors a durable roofing solution.
- Aesthetically Pleasing – Aluminum Flat Pan Roofs have been proven over time to be a very effective and aesthetically pleasing flat roofing.
- Cost Effective – It is low in its maintenance cost and offers a longer lifespan than most other types of roofs in the same classification including asphalt, concrete, slate and ceramic tile.
- Their light weight makes them easy to work with and they can be fitted in virtually any form or size for most flat roofs.
A person with experience and skills can install a pan roof. If you don’t have any tools, contact a professional handyman or construction worker to install the pan roof.